Friday 6 April 2018

Analytical Reflection

The day of my presentation showcase has finally arrived. In the early morning at the presentation theater, my team rehearsed for a final time to ensure that we run through our script for the last time. After the first team has presented, we had an overview of what the atmosphere will be like. My heart could not stop palpitating as next up was my team to present. Once my team member, Jean was about to complete her last line, a tingling sensation went down my spine when she introduced me as the next speaker. Mustering up my courage, I stood up and faced the audience. Feeling confident, I continued to speak with energy from within me. However, a situation that I didn’t expect had daunted me. A question that I have asked the audience, was supposed to be a rhetorical question. However, the audience unexpectedly answered me. My heart skipped a beat as my mind went blank. Standing there in silence, I tried to pluck the words from what I had rehearsed. Fortunately, I got back on track with the flow of lines in my head. Re-orienting my train of thoughts, it had let me to speak aloud confidently once again. Amazingly, the feedback from my friends pertaining to the presentation was good as the projection of voice towards the audience was loud and clear. Personally, I have managed to catch the audience attention by having eye contact with them. At the same time, I was finally able to step out of my comfort zone. However, I was told that I need to wear a little smile on my face. Taking in all the feedback from my audience, I will bear all the comments in my head and make sure I will be cautious for presentations in time to come.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Roland,

    Thanks very much for the effort reflecting on the showcase presentation experience. I truly appreciate what your team did that day!

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete